The National Law Universities (NLUs) of the country organize a national level entrance exam on a rotation basis. This exam is known as CLAT (Common Law Admission Test). In 2017, CLAT Exam will be managed by the Chankya National Law University, Patna. In 2017, it was conducted by the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. It is held to get admission into UG & PG courses in the field of law. Check this article to know about CLAT Seat Allotment 2017.
CLAT Seat Allotment 2017
CLAT 2017 Third Allotment List has been released on 19th June 2017. Click here for counselling details.
CLAT 2017 Fee Payment & Exercising Option has been started now. Click here for counselling details.
Candidates are informed that seat matrix of UG & PG courses of various NLUs has been released. Click here to view Seat Matrix.
The seat allotment process will be done during the counseling based on the preference of NLUs chosen by the candidate. It is the distribution of seats among National Law Universities & Other law colleges. Candidates have to register for the counselling process to take part in the seat allotment process. The seat allotment process will be done through online mode only. The seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of the filled choice & merit.
CLAT Counselling 2017
The centralized counselling will be conducted for admission into law courses. The CLAT 2017 counselling will be organized in four rounds. The seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of merit-cum-preferences. CLAT 2017 Counselling will be started from 5th June 2017. The counselling will take place through online mode.
CLAT 2017 Seat Allotment Instruction
- The seat allotment list will be announced by the CLAT committee based on the choices made by the candidates & rank.
- Candidates, those name in the first seat allotment list have to submit the counselling fee of Rs. 50000 to reserve their seat within a given time period.
- After successful submission of fees, the CLAT counseling committee will announce second allotment list.
- Candidates can lock their choice or either upgrades it during the second round of counselling. In case, candidates do not lock the choice, it will lock by default.
- If candidates locked the allotted seat, they have to report to the respective NLU and complete the admission formalities by submitting the balance fees and all the essential documents.
- If candidates have been allotted a seat due to the vacant seat arising from the first round, they need to pay the counseling fees against the allotted seats.
- Category wise seat allotment list will also be released for waitlisted candidate after each seat allotment process till the 4th round of counselling process.
- In other case, if candidates are on wait list and submitted the counseling fees, but not allotted any seat due to unavailability, the whole amount will be refunded without any deduction.
If you have any other query about CLAT Seat Allotment 2017, you can leave your query in the comment box.