CLAT also known as Common Law Admission Test is All India Level Entrance Examination. This exam is regulated by the National Law Universities (NLUs) on rotation basis. This year, CLAT exam will be conducted by the Chankya National Law University, Patna. Last year, this exam was managed by the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. It is held for providing admission into LLB & LLM programme. These programmes are provided by the 17 NLUs of India. Candidates can check here to know about CLAT Syllabus 2017.
CLAT Syllabus 2017
Before preparing for any entrance exam, candidates have knowledge about complete syllabus of the examination. CLAT Syllabus changes every year. Candidates will prepare for the CLAT exam from the following syllabus. The CLAT 2017 Syllabus comprises of the five subjects:
- English Vocabulary: Synonyms, Antonyms and Analogies.
- English Proficiency: Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitution, Sentence Improvement, Sentence Rearrangement, Rearrangement of Sentence in Paragraph, Jumbled sentences, Fill in the blanks and Cloze Tests.
- English Usage Errors: Common Errors, Spotting Errors, Inappropriate Usage of Words and Spelling Mistakes (English Usage).
- English Comprehension: In this section, paragraph is given. Questions will be asked from the paragraph. Candidates have to understand the paragraph & say answers according to the questions.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
- Static GK: Polity, Geography, Economics, History- Ancient, Medieval, Modern and World,General Science, Science and technology, Ecology.
- Current Affairs: Events of National and International Importance, Current events in areas of Economics, Science, Technology, Sports, Places, Persons, Books and Authors
- Arithmetic (Number Theory): Number Systems, Square Roots, Surds and Indices, Fractions and Decimals, HCF and LCM, Simplification, Approximations, Logarithms and Functions, Ratio and Proportion, Time and work, Average and Logarithms.
- Commercial Maths: Interest, Percentage, Partnership and Profit and Loss, Discounts.
- Mensuration: Areas and Volumes.
- Modern Mathematics: Permutation & Combination, Probability, Clocks & Calendars
- Date Interpretation
- International Law, Indian Penal Code, Criminal Law, Indian Constitution, Legal Terms, Legal Maxims, Family Law, Contracts and Torts.
- Reasoning Tests: Number Test, Series Test, Blood Relationships Test, Direction and Distance Test, Analogy Test, Classification (Odd Man Out) Test, Coding & Decoding Test, Alphabet Test, Ranking Tests and Time Sequence Test.
- Logic Tests: Statements Assumptions, Statements Conclusions, Statements Arguments and Statements Action.
If you have any other queries about CLAT Syllabus 2017, you can drop your query in the comment box.