CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is organized for admission into Integrated Bachelor of Law (LLB) & Master of Law (LLM) programme in NLUs of India. It is a national level law entrance test which is regulated by the NLUs on a rotational basis. Last year, CLAT exam was managed by the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. This year, it will be conducted by the Chankya National Law University, Patna. In this article, we have mentioned the complete information about CLAT Counselling 2017.
CLAT Counselling 2017:
CLAT 2017 Third Allotment List has been released on 19th June 2017. Click here for counselling details.
CLAT 2017 Fee Payment & Exercising Option has been started now. Click here for counselling details.
CLAT 2017 Counselling (Fee payment & exercising option) has been started from 6th June 2017. Click here for online counselling.
Candidates can register for the counselling process through online mode. CLAT 2017 Counselling is begin from 6th June 2017. The authority conduct a centralized counselling for admission to law programme. The Allotment of Seat will be based on merit-cum-preference. Candidates have to submit the counselling fee & confirm their seat.
CLAT Counselling Schedule 2017
Here we have mentioned the official CLAT 2017 counselling schedule:
|Result & merit list release||29th May 2017|
|Release of first indicative seat allocation list||6th June 2017|
|Counselling fee payment & exercising options||6th – 8th June 2017|
|Release of second allotment list||12th June 2017|
|Counselling fee payment & exercising options||13th – 14th June 2017|
|Release of third allotment list||19th June 2017|
|Counselling fee payment & exercising options||20th – 21st June 2017|
|Last Date for withdrawal from the Admission Process||21st June 2017|
|Release of fourth allotment list||24th June 2017|
|Payment of full fees by 4th seat allotment candidates & completion of admission formalities||28th – 30th June 2017|
|Receiving status of admissions from the participating NLU (s) in the CLAT office||4th July 2017|
|Closer of admission process||6th July 2017|
CLAT Counselling Procedure 2017
The Counselling procedure is given here:
Step-1: Publication of First Indicative List Based on Merit-cum-Preference
- The authority will release the university-wise first indicative merit list on the basis of merit-cum-preference. The list will be published on 5th June 2017.
Step-2: Payment of Counselling Fee & Option Exercising by Shortlisted Candidates
Candidates, those names in the merit list have to pay the counselling fee & choose any one of the given options:
- Lock: By choosing ‘Lock’ option, candidates confirm their choice of the allotted NLU. Such candidates will not be considered for further shifting to any other National Law Universities (NLUs) of their choice if any seat remains vacant at the subsequent stages during counselling.
- Shifting: Candidates, those selecting, shifting option will consider against any vacancy arising at NLUs of their choice through subsequent allotment list.
- Default Choice of any candidates will be selected as “Lock”.
Step-3: Publication of Second List having the names of finalizing candidates and additional wait-listed candidates
- The authority will publish the second list of the candidates, those paid the counselling fee & reserved their seats in participating NLUs.
- The authority will also announce the list of wait-listed candidates in the second list, those are selected against dropping out candidates.
- Candidates who are selected against dropped out candidates have to pay the counselling fee & exercise their option “Lock” & “Shift”.
Step-4: Publication of Third Allotment List
- The Third Allotment List will be published on 19th June 2017.
- The List will comprise of the candidates name who have submitted the fee against first & second indicative list.
- The list of waitlisted candidates will also release with a third allotment list, those are selected against dropping out candidates.
- Such candidates have to pay the counselling fee & reserve their seat.
Step-5: Publication of Third List allotting seats to candidates
- The third round allotment list will be published for the candidates who have paid counselling fee and reserved their seat in participating NLUs.
- The list contains the name of candidates who have paid counselling fee against first and second indicative list.
- List of waitlisted candidates will also released along with third allotment list who are provisionally selected against dropped out candidates. Such candidates have to pay the counselling fee and reserve their seats.
Step-6: Reporting & Completion of Admission Formalities at the Allotted NLUs
- After the completion of the complete counselling process, candidates have to report to the allotted NLU & submit the balance fee to confirm their seat.
- Candidates have to bring all the required documents in original at the allotted Institution.
List of Documents Required at the Time of Counselling
The following documents will be needed at the time of Counselling:
- 10th & 12th Marksheets
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Law Graduation Degree (If Applicable)
- CLAT Admit Card 2017
- Passport Size Photograph
- Category Certificate
- Photo ID Proof
- Counselling Letter
If you have any other queries about CLAT Counselling 2017, you can leave your query below.